Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tutoring Things (mostly for me)

So I received a work book and a reference book. I've picked out basics from the beginning of the work book to work with and I guess I will just refer to the reference book occasionally?

Sections are:

  • Whole Numbers
  • Decimals and Percents - likely to be useful, includes multiplication, division, yada yada
  • Fractions and Rational Numbers - also may be needed 
  • Rates, Ratios, and Properties - seems like something to refer to occasionally so she at least knows it
  • Data and Probability - I don't think graphs are necessary now, but how to predict probability maybe
  • Geometry and Constructions - I think this is too much for fifth grade (working with compasses?) but I'll look into basics 
  • Measurement - area, volume, perimeter,  pages 170 and after is good
  • Algebra - order of operations around page 200, stuff that needs to be visited one day
  • Problem Solving - not reallly sure whats here yet, 220 may be important
  • Calculators - I think this can be skipped at the moment
  • Games - skip
  • American Tour - skip?
Workbook does not include certain sections

    Link for worksheets, info, etc:    http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/parents/5th-grade/

NUds 6/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment