Sunday, June 15, 2014

Book Review

Just cause I need to say this somewhere

Killer Frost - fourth and final book of the story
    I read the first three quite a few months before and I remembered them as amazing stories, I had really liked Gwen. I appreciated her strong nature and personality, but this final book made her seem incredibly spoiled and bossy (not sure how to actually put it into words). I haven't finished the book so I should not judge but even after making it to a hundred pages the whole story seemed like summary of the previous stories. Even the fighting scenes seemed weak and fragile. The "clang-clash-clang!" x3 did not make it any better. I'm going to revisit it and hopefully it will be better.

Inside Out vs. Outside In - two of a series
    I enjoyed reading this series (in a matter of a day actually).  However, the first was definitely better than the second. The main character Trella was nicely portrayed in the first story with her courageous and adventurous spirit, her scarcely nervous reactions keeps her relatable and somewhat realistic. I especially loved her interactions with Riley. They make a pretty cute pair, I know their temporary break up in the second book was to keep the relationship suspenseful but it kind of ruined them for me. They were still utterly adorable.
   Logan had to be a favorite, and I liked his sister until the second book where she was portrayed as a traitor and died in such a quick and unworthy way. Logan's quick to be happy mood was nice and his smart, quirky side was a good addition as well. Broken Man was a nice character in the first book but he practically became worthless in book two. Basically I disliked the change of importance in characters in book two, also there was wayyyyyyyy to many. I couldn't keep them or the events straight for very long. But Doctor Lam...whatever, or Trella's mom was one of the characters, along with Riley, that I liked throughout the series. Those two had strong character throughout and are much appreciated in the slightly confusing story.

BLUb 6/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment